Can Your Business Experience Serious Water Damage Unrelated to Weather?
Water damage? SERVPRO is prepared with restoration equipment and certified technicians. Call us right away!
SERVPRO can clean up and restore your Burlingame, Millbrae business after all types of water damage
Although a storm may damage everything in the area, a broken pipe or burst water heater may put just one business out of operation. If that happens to you, what should you do? Call SERVPRO of Burlingame, Millbrae for Water damage, Clean up and restoration Here’s why:
SERVPRO water damage training:
- We’re trained in the best methods of water removal and restoration. Our technicians are IICRC certified. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification.
- We bring and know how to use the industrial equipment necessary. Specific issues often require special equipment for the best results. Pumps, wet/vacs, riding extractors, air movers, and various dehumidifiers.
- We have additional skills as needed to solve your unique water damage issues. In addition to floors, subfloors, and walls, we can help with furniture and carpets for moisture removal and water damage mitigation.
- We will evaluate the damage to determine what needs to be done and keep you informed as we progress toward completion. We’re ready to restore your business “Like it never even happened.”
When you’re facing a major water issue, you cannot afford to have the job partially done or delayed. Our job is to keep your doors open for our customers, clients, and employees.
Call SERVPRO of Burlingame, Millbrae at (650) -651-7290 to get started on cleanup and restoration right away!
Laundry can easily pile up, but it is essential to practice basic safety techniques to protect your home.
Not clearing your laundry filter after each use can be dangerous. It is reported that there are over 17,000 fires related to home dryers each year.
Here are a few simple tips to follow to help prevent a clothes dryer fire:
-Clean the filter screen after each load to prevent lint buildup.
-An adult should be at home whenever the dryer is in use and the home should have working smoke alarms.
-Clean the vents outside twice a year to clean out any accumulated dust and lint.
-Commercial dryers should be cleaned out regularly because of their frequent use and shared venting system.
-Don't dry mop heads in the dryer. The dryer's heat can ignite the chemical residue on mop heads.
-Keep the surrounding area clean. The dryer's heat may ignite anything left too close to the dryer.
-The safety of your family is important to us and we hope that you don't encounter such a fire. Be sure you follow these steps to avoid a fire in your home.
Summer's Natural Disasters
Every summer, the U.S. goes through an “active weather” season. The middle of spring through summer is a prime time for hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, thunderstorms, and fires. Here at SERVPRO, we’ve already begun to see the impact of the severe weather. In California, we have already experienced a massive amount of fires. Luckily, our SERVPRO team is here for any natural disaster. We respond to water, wind, and fire damage! Here are some weather events to look out for during the spring and summer months:
- Hurricanes–Hurricanes, with the accompanying wind, water, and flood, cause a lot of destruction in areas where they hit. When hurricanes gather strength, buildings, trees, and water infrastructures are commonly destroyed. The storms can also knock down power lines, posing a risk of electrocution.
- Tornadoes– Tornadoes are characterized by whirling winds and debris and can endanger life and property. They are common from spring until the middle of summer but can occur any time of the year.
- Floods– Floods are becoming more common in the U.S., with flash floods as the top weather-related killer. A few inches of water could bring extensive damage to homes and buildings. Heavy rains, levee breaches, and tsunamis cause floods. Many floods occur in areas that cannot absorb rainwater.
- Fires– The heat of the summer and the years of drought experienced in many parts of the country can precipitate massive forest fires that, in many instances, affect dwellings. Spontaneous combustion, volcanic eruption, and faulty electrical wires are other common causes of fires.
Call SERVPRO of Burlingame, Millbrae if you are ever in need after a natural disaster!
Drying Up After Water Damage
When water affects your business or home SERVPRO of Burlingame, Millbrae is here to help with equipment and trained staff.
This business had water damage after a heavy rain storm in a short amount of time. The water came into their building and affected the entire location. We extracted the standing water and set equipment. We set a total of 65 fans on this particular job, as well as desiccants and generators as you can imagine it took lots of power to run all this equipment. We have the means to be able to dry the structure. Airflow is a big part of the drying process. Having the right amount of airflow is crucial to the drying process. We use calculations to figure out the right amount of equipment needed to properly dry the structure and contents in a facility. We are here to help you with our trained professionals when disaster happens to get you back to your home and business faster, making it "Like it never even happened."
Urgent and Immediate!
Disasters can strike your commercial property while you are sleeping! We understand the urgency for immediate repairs and can act fast to help minimize further damage. SERVPRO of Burlingame, Millbrae emergency response helpline is always open and standing by to take your phone call 24/7!
Regardless of the cause, we will fast respond and help you assess problems or issues the water damage produced and start the mitigation and recovery process. Before emergency repairs are started, we remove any salvageable items and assess the extent of the damage and contamination to put together a repair plan.
SERVPRO of Burlingame, Millbrae has professionals with the training, experience, and equipment to manage water and flooding damage. Whether you have a large water emergency or a small water damage event, we will respond fast to mitigate the damage and manage the restoration project through to its completion.
SERVPRO of Burlingame, Millbrae provides a wide scope of services. Some are biohazard cleanup and removal, and general construction for rebuilding and remodeling structures. Those are in addition to the fire, water, and mold cleanup and restoration services you may already be familiar with. Below is a list of some of our services offered.
- Fire, Smoke, and Soot Cleanup and Restoration
- Water Removal and Dehumidification
- Crime Scene, Biohazard, and Vandalism Cleanup
- Mold Mitigation and Remediation
- Carpet and Hard Floor Cleaning and Care
- Stain Removal, Stain Resistance Applications
- Odor Identification and Deodorization
Upholstery and Drapes: Wet and Dry Cleaning Methods
If you are unsure if we can help with an issue you are having, give us a call at 650-651-7290
Fire Mitigation Process
When you have a fire it can be devastating. Most of the time the hard part is losing so much of your content. When you have fire damage, you also have soot, odor, and water damage.
We at SERVPRO of Burlingame, Millbrae want to help restore as much as we can for you. We have specialized training in doing just that.
First, we do an inspection and fire damage assessment to begin to form a plan of action.
Immediately if needed, we will properly board up your home and a roof tarp.
The water removal will begin immediately as well as the drying.
We have specialized equipment and techniques to remove smoke and soot from ceilings, walls, and other surfaces.
We will clean, disinfect, and sanitize all of the restorable items.
SERVPRO of Burlingame, Millbrae can even help you with the restoration process afterward! Give us a call for any and all questions you may have about the fire mitigation process!
My water heater leaked and the pan overflowed. Now what?
Call the experts at SERVPRO of Burlingame, Millbrae.
By code, most residential water heaters are required to be set into a "drip pan" designed to catch the water that may leak. Sometimes these drip pans are not connected to a drain, and instead, simply delay an inevitable water overflow. A water heater leak and overflow can cause damage to surrounding walls and flooring, and can rapidly create a hazardous mold situation. As water heaters generally leak hot water, the high temperature creates a perfect environment for microbial growth including potentially black mold.
By having the experts at SERVPRO of Burlingame, Millbrae addresses the situation right away, you can prevent extensive damage that will continue to spread. Our team has decades of experience dealing with water heater leaks in the least destructive method possible. By utilizing methods such as dry-in-place and selective demolition we can keep costs down and get your water back on asap.
The Different Stages of Water Damage and What To Do During Each Stage
When water is left to sit too long, it can affect and destroy materials like carpet. Often, the carpet will need to be removed for proper drying.
When water enters your home, it can be a stressful experience. There are many things you can do yourself during each stage of a water disaster to reduce the damage and restoration your Burlingame, Millbrae home will need. Knowing the signs of each stage and their effects is the first step to restoring your home to a safe, healthy space.
Water enters your home, flowing freely into any openings it can find, especially through floors and walls. Depending on the source of the water and the time that passes, your home can see inches of water in little time. At this stage, if possible, try to stop the source of the water and begin to dry up the areas you can.
Permeable materials like carpet, wood, drywall, and fabric furniture take on water. The longer the water sits, the more moisture that accumulates. Though the damage is not visible, swift water extraction is crucial in salvaging any wet material, lessening the need for complete water removal.
At this point, water that is able to evaporate will begin to create humid air. Areas that were not previously affected are in contact with moisture present. Paint may begin to chip from walls or bubbles may form on ceilings or carpets from the trapped condensation. This leads to further destruction of building materials as there is little room for drying to begin. To combat this stage, dehumidifiers are needed to remove moisture from the area and prevent mold growth.
Mold spores, found naturally in the air, settle on wet material, quickly growing. When left untreated, mold can spread in as little as 1 day. Entire homes can be affected by mold if it is not contained. Recovering valuable items and building materials is less likely at this stage. Serious water damage restoration and potential mold remediation are needed.
Flooding or leaks can occur at any time and quickly move through each stage before there is a chance to take action. If caught in time, water damage can be mitigated, reducing the need for a major restoration of your home and its contents.
4 Reasons You Should Have A Business Emergency Plan
Always have an evaluation plan for your business in case of an emergency.
Have you ever thought about what you would do if your business was affected by floodwaters after a storm? A business continuity plan can help you prepare for the worst-case scenarios. As a business owner in Burlingame, Millbrae you may want to create this type of emergency plan for a number of reasons:
1. Figure out who to call. If you never think about the possibility of storm damage hurting your property, you may not know who you should call when disaster strikes. In your business plan, you can outline which insurance provider needs to be informed of any impending claims. You can even pick a commercial storm damage cleanup expert you would want to work with this type of situation.
2. Think about how to keep the business running. The continuity plan should also go over what you would do to help keep your business running. If floodwaters made your building off-limits, would you have to shut down until it is fixed or could you rent a temporary workspace?
3. Consider the financial impact of natural disasters. Flooding can also affect the finances of your company. Not only could you lose inventory and business, but you also have to pay for damages. When you create a business plan, it gives you a chance to make sure you have the best insurance policies for your commercial property.
4. Help you prepare employees. This type of plan can also help you think about evacuation methods. You can train employees on where to go in the event of flooding, fires, or other emergencies. You can also outline who they should call if you are not around.
As a business owner, you want to be prepared for any type of situation. Creating a business continuity plan helps you think about the what-ifs associated with owning commercial property. You can become better prepared for any damages caused by storms.
Is Your Family Prepared For a Fire?
Know your smoke alarm’s noise and be familiar with what it means.
You never envision a fire in your Burlingame, Millbrae home, but you should be prepared for one. Preparation can be the difference between a disaster being manageable or catastrophic. There are a few ways to get your household ready to go if there is a fire in your home. SERVPRO of Burlingame, Millbrae is here to help!
The most important preparation tool for your household is a Fire Escape Plan. Most people think they have one, but are they really prepared? Here’s a look at what a Fire Escape Plan really consists of so you can execute one if you have a fire:
- Make sure everyone knows two escape routes from each room
- Establish a rallying point outside
- Make sure everyone can contact each other and emergency services
- Know your smoke alarm’s noise and be familiar with what it means
- Stay calm! If you have a plan, you do not need to panic during a fire
- Draw your plan out! Label all rooms and exit points
- Practice your Fire Escape Plan twice each year
This is very important for you and your household to have. Practicing is key! If you practice your plan and are comfortable with it, then you should be just fine in the event of a fire.
Let’s say you do have a fire, and you execute your Fire Escape Plan to keep your Burlingame, Millbrae household safe. What do you do next? After you contact emergency services, you need to begin getting your home back to preloss condition. There’s no one better to do this than SERVPRO of Burlingame, Millbrae. Here’s a look at what we can do for you if your home experiences fire damage:
- Board up and roof tarping
- Water damage clean up from firefighting effort
- Smoke removal
- Soot removal
- Cleaning and sanitization
- Carpet and upholstery cleaning
- Caring for your belongings
SERVPRO of Burlingame, Millbrae is faster to any size disaster and is committed to helping our local area. Call us today at (650) 651-7290 or visit our Website if you experience a fire. Remember to practice your Fire Escape Plan, and after you experience a fire, SERVPRO of Burlingame, Millbrae is here to help!